1. Make the house look good from the outside so that people passing buy who see your “For Sale” sign would want to drop in.
2. Your house should be sparkling clean to leave a good first impression. Make sure to take care of your garden as well.
3. The style of your home should resemble what most people would want it to be. Sure, your style may be nicer and more unique, but the goal isn’t for you to like your house, but rather to get it to sell quickly. Avoid personal accents.
4. Consider painting your walls and redoing your floors. For a relatively small expense, it can really improve people’s impression of your house. Choose sophisticated, neutral colors.
5. The home should look gender-neutral to appeal to both men and women.
6. If you have large closets, open them so that people can see them. If you have a nice view, make sure the windows aren’t covered by shades.
7. If you have a small home, show the potential buyers how they can use all the nooks and crannies of the home to really maximize the space.
8. If you have a large home, then put an accent on how spacious it relaly is.
9. Make sure there are no odors from food, dogs or anything else.
10. Display the outdoor space and explain how it can be used by both adults and children.